I'm the author of ASP.NET Core 2 High Performance, a book about creating fast, scalable, and high performance web applications with C# and ASP.NET Core 2.0 (an open source and cross-platform framework from Microsoft).
Although many of the examples focus on ASP.NET, it is also a big collection of general tips and experience applicable to making web apps perform well with any language or framework. It covers images, compression, architecture, networks, cloud hosting and even a bit of team culture.
The second edition, fully revised and updated for ASP.NET Core 2.0, is available to pre-order now.
The second edition includes two brand new chapters. One on what's new in ASP.NET Core 2.0, .NET Core 2.0, C# 6.0 and C# 7.0. Another on how to get started with .NET Core development on Windows, macOS, Linux, command line and with Docker containers.
If you can't wait then version one is still available.
If you would like to know more:
- Check out the publisher's page
- Read the first chapter for free (no signup required)
- It is also available on Amazon
- Look inside to read the foreword, preface and contents
- The sample code is on GitHub
- You may also like to look at my own repositories
I'm also available for hire