I'm the author of ASP.NET Core 1.0 High Performance, a book about creating fast, scalable, and high performance web applications with C# and ASP.NET Core 1.0 (the new open source and cross-platform framework from Microsoft).
Although many of the examples focus on ASP.NET, it is also a big collection of general tips and experience applicable to making web apps perform well with any language or framework. It covers images, compression, architecture, networks, cloud hosting and even a bit of team culture.
If you would like to know more:
- Check out the publisher's page
- Read the first chapter for free (no signup required)
- It is also available on Amazon
- Look inside to read the foreword, preface and contents
- The sample code is on GitHub
- You may also like to look at my own repositories
I'm also available for hire